11 Shouts - 153,344 Scrobbles
Carey Bell (November 14, 1936 - May 6, 2007) was an American musician who played the harmonica in the musical style of Chicago blues. Bell learned to play the harmonica in his hometown of Macon, Mississippi and was playing professionally with his uncle Lovie Lee's band by the age of 13. In 1956, Lee convinced Bell to move to Chicago. Struggling to find work as a harmonica player, Bell learned to play bass from Hound Dog Taylor and played with Big Walter Horton while honing his blues harp chops.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lonesome Stranger - (4:03) - 967 plays
- What My Mama Told Me - (4:42) - 398 plays
- Hard Working Woman - (4:37) - 376 plays
- Carey Bell's Blues Harp - (3:50) - 340 plays
- Teardrops - (7:06) - 295 plays
- Laundromat Blues - (4:30) - 303 plays
- Carey Bell Rocks - (3:30) - 199 plays
- Last Night - (4:33) - 235 plays
- Blues With A Feeling - (4:48) - 175 plays
- Bell Hop - (3:41) - 119 plays