Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
2,588 Shouts - 9,488,371 Scrobbles
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band were an American band who created music that has occasionally been dubbed "avant garde-blues". Their music was characterized by bluesy melodies, shambolic instrumentation, idiosyncratic, unbound timings, the growls and shrieks of Beefheart's vocals and his surreal, poetic lyrics. Throughout their career, the band's musical direction was tightly controlled by Don van Vliet (1941 - 2010), aka Captain Beefheart, who subjected the band to intense regimes of rehearsal; this tension combined with poor salary contributing to the break-up of the original Magic Band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Zig Zag Wanderer - (2:37) - 10,900 plays
- Sure 'Nuff 'n' Yes, I Do - (2:14) - 8,700 plays
- Electricity - (3:06) - 8,085 plays
- Abba Zaba - (2:43) - 7,307 plays
- I'm Glad - (3:29) - 6,372 plays
- Call On Me - (2:35) - 5,773 plays
- Dropout Boogie - (2:30) - 5,805 plays
- Yellow Brick Road - (2:26) - 5,172 plays
- Plastic Factory - (3:07) - 4,611 plays
- Frownland - (1:50) - 5,006 plays