Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
2,584 Shouts - 9,319,873 Scrobbles
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band were an American band who created music that has occasionally been dubbed "avant garde-blues". Their music was characterized by bluesy melodies, shambolic instrumentation, idiosyncratic, unbound timings, the growls and shrieks of Beefheart's vocals and his surreal, poetic lyrics. Throughout their career, the band's musical direction was tightly controlled by Don van Vliet (1941 - 2010), aka Captain Beefheart, who subjected the band to intense regimes of rehearsal; this tension combined with poor salary contributing to the break-up of the original Magic Band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Zig Zag Wanderer - (2:37) - 12,262 plays
- Sure 'Nuff 'n' Yes, I Do - (2:14) - 9,666 plays
- Electricity - (3:06) - 9,341 plays
- Abba Zaba - (2:43) - 8,333 plays
- I'm Glad - (3:29) - 6,997 plays
- Call On Me - (2:35) - 6,391 plays
- Dropout Boogie - (2:30) - 6,774 plays
- Yellow Brick Road - (2:26) - 5,807 plays
- Plastic Factory - (3:07) - 5,121 plays
- Frownland - (1:50) - 5,047 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online