Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
2,590 Shouts - 9,533,916 Scrobbles
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band were an American band who created music that has occasionally been dubbed "avant garde-blues". Their music was characterized by bluesy melodies, shambolic instrumentation, idiosyncratic, unbound timings, the growls and shrieks of Beefheart's vocals and his surreal, poetic lyrics. Throughout their career, the band's musical direction was tightly controlled by Don van Vliet (1941 - 2010), aka Captain Beefheart, who subjected the band to intense regimes of rehearsal; this tension combined with poor salary contributing to the break-up of the original Magic Band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Zig Zag Wanderer - (2:37) - 10,419 plays
- Sure 'Nuff 'n' Yes, I Do - (2:14) - 8,251 plays
- Electricity - (3:06) - 7,755 plays
- Abba Zaba - (2:43) - 6,967 plays
- I'm Glad - (3:29) - 6,135 plays
- Call On Me - (2:35) - 5,577 plays
- Dropout Boogie - (2:30) - 5,653 plays
- Yellow Brick Road - (2:26) - 4,982 plays
- Plastic Factory - (3:07) - 4,462 plays
- Frownland - (1:50) - 4,903 plays