Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
2,418 Shouts - 7,805,285 Scrobbles
Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band were an American band who created music that has occasionally been dubbed "avant garde-blues". Their music was characterized by bluesy melodies, shambolic instrumentation, idiosyncratic, unbound timings, the growls and shrieks of Beefheart's vocals and his surreal, poetic lyrics. Throughout their career, the band's musical direction was tightly controlled by Don van Vliet (1941 - 2010), aka Captain Beefheart, who subjected the band to intense regimes of rehearsal; this tension combined with poor salary contributing to the break-up of the original Magic Band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Zig Zag Wanderer - (2:38) - 12,850 plays
- Electricity - (3:06) - 9,091 plays
- Abba Zaba - (2:41) - 8,571 plays
- Sure 'Nuff 'n' Yes, I Do - (2:14) - 8,058 plays
- Dropout Boogie - (2:30) - 7,410 plays
- Call On Me - (2:35) - 7,305 plays
- Sure 'nuff 'n Yes I Do - (2:14) - 7,623 plays
- I'm Glad - (3:29) - 7,248 plays
- Yellow Brick Road - (2:26) - 6,821 plays
- Plastic Factory - (3:07) - 5,847 plays