199 Shouts - 4,476,945 Scrobbles
Canned Heat is a blues-rock/boogie band that formed in Los Angeles in 1965. The group has been noted for its own interpretations of blues material as well as for efforts to promote the interest in this type of music and its original artists. It was launched by two blues enthusiasts, Alan Wilson (1943 – 1970) and Bob Hite (1943 – 1981), who took the name from Tommy Johnson's 1928 Canned Heat Blues, a song about an alcoholic who has desperately turned to drinking Sterno, generically called "canned heat".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- On the Road Again - (3:24) - 43,389 plays
- Going up the Country - (2:55) - 45,027 plays
- Let's Work Together - (3:44) - 12,012 plays
- Fried Hockey Boogie - (11:10) - 5,020 plays
- On the Road Again - 2005 - Remaster - (4:56) - 5,581 plays
- Amphetamine Annie - (5:57) - 5,097 plays
- Rollin' And Tumblin' - (2:03) - 2,987 plays
- Time Was - (3:23) - 3,179 plays
- Bullfrog Blues - (7:17) - 2,974 plays
- Poor Moon - (2:41) - 2,993 plays