1,792 Shouts - 6,786,634 Scrobbles
Can was an experimental rock group founded in Cologne, Germany in 1968. Describing themselves as an "anarchist community", they constructed their music largely through improvisation and editing, in a way similar to several avant-garde composers of the time. They had only occasional commercial success, but exerted a huge influence on subsequent rock and electronic music. They are generally held to be one of the finest of the original krautrock bands, and are among the most important experimental artists in recent music history.
A lot of their initial popularity came from positive press in the UK (when many other Krautrock bands were shunned by UK media such as NME) and airplay on John Peel's BBC radio programmes, which led to extensive touring in the UK. They also gained exposure in Germany by doing soundtrack work for German filmmakers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Vitamin C - (3:31) - 36,652 plays
- Mushroom - (4:23) - 27,713 plays
- Paperhouse - (7:25) - 24,581 plays
- Oh Yeah - (7:20) - 22,722 plays
- Spoon - (3:05) - 17,274 plays
- One More Night - (5:36) - 16,637 plays
- Sing Swan Song - (4:46) - 17,286 plays
- Bring Me Coffee or Tea - (6:45) - 13,100 plays
- Aumgn - (17:25) - 11,327 plays
- Pinch - (9:24) - 13,531 plays