Camper Van Beethoven
101 Shouts - 1,747,106 Scrobbles
Camper Van Beethoven is an alternative rock band that was founded in 1983 in Redlands, California, though the band soon moved to Santa Cruz, California. Camper Van Beethoven mixed elements of pop, ska, punk rock, folk, country, and acid rock into an eclectic, catchy and sometimes mysterious ensemble, years before the so-called alternative rock moniker came to mainstream attention. The group's trademark violin-coated melodies and their ironic take on American culture put them one step away from being a novelty act in the eyes of many critics.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics"Take the Skinheads Bowling"
by Camper Van Beethoveen
from Telephone Free Landslide Victory
Everyday I get up and pray to ?John?
And he increases the number of clocks by exactly one
- LyricsWhen I look up to the sky
I see your eyes, a funny kind of yellow
Rush home to bed, I soak my head
I see your face underneath my pillow
I wake next morning but I'm still yawning
- One Of These Days - (3:26) - 1,815 plays
- LyricsGrass it is green, cool beneath our feet
Honey, it's sweet, sweet on the bread
The sea and the shore, forever entwined
They all sing the same song
Please come down the coast
- Lyrics'Cause he's always living back in Dixon
And we're all sitting at the fountain, at the five and dime
'Cause he's living in some B-movie
The lines they are so clearly drawn
- The Day That Lassie Went To The Moon - (3:13) - 1,278 plays
- When I Win The Lottery - (3:37) - 1,232 plays
- Border Ska - (2:50) - 1,027 plays
- Eye Of Fatima (Pt. 1) - (2:36) - 982 plays
- Wasted - (1:59) - 951 plays