Cameo is a funk group which formed in 1974 in New York City, New York, United States. The band's lineup has constantly fluctuated since its formation, with the only constant being singer-songwriter Larry Blackmon. An outlandish, in-your-face stage presence, a strange sense of humor, and a hard-driving funky sound that criss-crossed a few musical boundaries earned Cameo countless initial comparisons to Parliament/Funkadelic. However, Cameo eventually wore off accusations of being derivative by transcending their influences and outlasting almost every single one of them.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Word Up - (4:13) - 27,792 plays
- Candy - (5:39) - 9,194 plays
- Attack Me With Your Love - (4:31) - 2,784 plays
- Word Up! - (4:20) - 3,036 plays
- Back And Forth - (3:52) - 2,417 plays
- It's Serious - (8:07) - 1,507 plays
- Single Life - (6:34) - 1,887 plays
- Shake Your Pants - (6:23) - 1,388 plays
- Rigor Mortis - (5:21) - 1,326 plays
- Word Up! - Single Version - (4:18) - 1,261 plays