180 Shouts - 1,530,238 Scrobbles
Dominick Martin aka Calibre is the 1st exclusively Irish Drum and Bass artist. Classically trained in violin, he dropped this for drums and began playing in various bands, before finding early Detroit techno and house. His inspiration around that time is said to wander around the likes of Kenny Larkin, Carl Craig, Juan Atkins, the Orb. His brother introduced Calibre to drum and bass and jungle, which at first he couldn’t follow the pattern as he felt it was too relentless and 'beaty', and so at that point he preferred four to the floor drumbeats from the US house style.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Even If - (5:44) - 4,410 plays
- Running - (3:08) - 3,389 plays
- Dema Beats - (0:40) - 2,657 plays
- Think On - (6:43) - 2,259 plays
- Keep Control - (1:28) - 1,839 plays
- Simple Things - (2:50) - 1,938 plays
- Close To Me - (5:58) - 1,730 plays
- Cully Bridge - (1:27) - 1,689 plays
- Key Flix - (1:28) - 1,596 plays
- Sick Of It All - (0:40) - 1,503 plays