180 Shouts - 1,612,148 Scrobbles
Dominick Martin aka Calibre is the 1st exclusively Irish Drum and Bass artist. Classically trained in violin, he dropped this for drums and began playing in various bands, before finding early Detroit techno and house. His inspiration around that time is said to wander around the likes of Kenny Larkin, Carl Craig, Juan Atkins, the Orb. His brother introduced Calibre to drum and bass and jungle, which at first he couldn’t follow the pattern as he felt it was too relentless and 'beaty', and so at that point he preferred four to the floor drumbeats from the US house style.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Even If - (5:44) - 5,027 plays
- The Wash - (6:05) - 2,728 plays
- Running - (3:08) - 2,765 plays
- Instant - (5:57) - 2,810 plays
- Miraculous - (3:49) - 2,637 plays
- Honey Dew - (3:10) - 2,499 plays
- Makes Me Feel Alright - (3:51) - 2,323 plays
- Dema Beats - (0:40) - 1,919 plays
- Open Your Eyes - (5:17) - 1,869 plays
- Think On - (6:43) - 1,707 plays