0 Shouts - 8,579 Scrobbles
COEM, the abbreviation of Coin Operated Entertainment Machine is a Belgium based art rock quartet with members living in Hasselt, Antwerp and Berlin. Originally formed in 1998 by Stoffel Hias and the brothers Jo and Marc Wetzels they release their debut album Wizzel Wo in (2000). (Single Put On Some Music (A-side))At first bringing a wide variety of lo-fi pop songs they soon evolve to more eclectic territory. Bandwi(d)thconsiderations (2001) being the first result of that. Pol Geusens shortly before joined the band and is responsible for the astonishing soundscapes and 'bluesy' feel. He also is involved in writing their third album Happiness Etc. (2004) but soon after the release he leaves the band. Enter Patrick Calvelo. With this wizard COEM releases Move / The Mountain (2006), a double EP inspired by indie rock (Move) and jazz (the Mountain, which was recorded in one day at the Marconi Studio for Radio 1 and basically consists of 4 improvised mountain-titled one takes and a remarkable cover version of Praga Khan's Breakfast in Vegas). In 2008 they release their 5th studio album We've got speakers on the outside of our spacecraft with special guest musicians Han Stubbe (DAAU, clarinet), Nathan Daems (sax) and Jelle Van Giel (vibraphone).Read More...
Recently Tom Sterkendries has joined the band to take on the bass guitar from Stoffel Hias and Marc Wetzels (before they both played bass during live gigs). From now on they can fully concentrate on guitar and vocals. In 2012 they will release their sixth record called "wave to us on your way to the top"
- Singer Marc Wetzels's alter ego is called boyShouting, he releases his first solo stuff boyShouting EP (2003). Boy recently started selling a 100 days out of his life. Every (sold) day he writes a song and the word is that it will result in a full album called boyShouting and the shareholders of his thoughts. release March 26, 2009.
bandmembers and (some of their) instruments:
Marc Wetzels - vocals, guitar, keys
Jo Wetzels - drums and percussion
Stoffel Hias - electric guitar
Patrick Calvelo - electric guitar, keys, vocals
Tom Sterkendries - bass guitar
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- In Dream We Make Different Plan - 630 plays
- You Can Be A Bird - 451 plays
- Reply - 431 plays
- Catalog - 377 plays
- Last Night On Earth - 283 plays
- Nightshop - 278 plays
- We've Got Speakers On The Outside Of Our Spacecraft - 224 plays
- Postcard number two - 232 plays
- Memory of a warm blanket - 217 plays
- Through Tired Eyes - 216 plays