0 Shouts - 476,412 Scrobbles
C.W. Stoneking (b. 1974) is an Australian blues musician.Read More...
Stoneking was born in Katherine to Californian hippie parents who had met at a music festival. His parents separated, and he was brought up by his father, a teacher in the Aboriginal community of Papunya. His interest in the blues was sparked while a student at Sydney's Balmain High School. He stumbled across some of his father's blues tapes. At this time one of his classmates was Alex Lloyd, also a blues fan, and they sometimes jammed together.
His influences include the blues legends Blind Willie McTell, Big Bill Broonzy, Leroy Carr, and Memphis Minnie. He now describes his style as "Hokum Blues", a musical brew influenced by prewar blues, ragtime, vaudevillian novelty tunes, old hillbilly songs, jazz, and calypso.
He now lives in Footscray, Victoria, and is touring Australia and Europe.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI studied evil, I can't deny,
Was a hoodoo charm called a Love Me or Die,
Some fingernail, a piece of her dress,
Apocathery, Devil's behes'
I will relate, the piteous consequence my mistake,
- Jungle Lullaby - 31,548 plays
- Jungle Blues - 30,419 plays
- Brave Son of America - 27,419 plays
- Talkin Lion Blues - 22,913 plays
- Early in the Mornin - 19,720 plays
- Jailhouse Blues - 20,485 plays
- I Heard The Marchin of the Drum - 20,304 plays
- Housebound Blues - 18,711 plays
- Way Out In The World - 13,962 plays