0 Shouts - 480,542 Scrobbles
C.W. Stoneking (b. 1974) is an Australian blues musician.Read More...
Stoneking was born in Katherine to Californian hippie parents who had met at a music festival. His parents separated, and he was brought up by his father, a teacher in the Aboriginal community of Papunya. His interest in the blues was sparked while a student at Sydney's Balmain High School. He stumbled across some of his father's blues tapes. At this time one of his classmates was Alex Lloyd, also a blues fan, and they sometimes jammed together.
His influences include the blues legends Blind Willie McTell, Big Bill Broonzy, Leroy Carr, and Memphis Minnie. He now describes his style as "Hokum Blues", a musical brew influenced by prewar blues, ragtime, vaudevillian novelty tunes, old hillbilly songs, jazz, and calypso.
He now lives in Footscray, Victoria, and is touring Australia and Europe.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI studied evil, I can't deny,
Was a hoodoo charm called a Love Me or Die,
Some fingernail, a piece of her dress,
Apocathery, Devil's behes'
I will relate, the piteous consequence my mistake,
- Jungle Lullaby - 31,733 plays
- Jungle Blues - 30,582 plays
- Brave Son of America - 27,569 plays
- Talkin Lion Blues - 23,009 plays
- Early in the Mornin - 19,826 plays
- Jailhouse Blues - 20,576 plays
- I Heard The Marchin of the Drum - 20,406 plays
- Housebound Blues - 18,803 plays
- Way Out In The World - 14,008 plays