5 Shouts - 87,615 Scrobbles
Byron Lee and the Dragonaires is one of the best known Jamaican bands. Lee played a crucial pioneering role in bringing Jamaican music to the world. Formed in 1956 and playing a big band-ska sound their big break came in the first James Bond film Dr. No, where they appeared as the band in the scene at Pussfeller's club and played a number of tunes on the soundtrack. They also caused a stir at the New York World's Fair in 1964.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Frankenstein - (2:38) - 136 plays
- Rocksteady - (2:48) - 135 plays
- Jamaica Ska - (2:27) - 100 plays
- Frankenstein Ska - (2:39) - 85 plays
- Hot Reggae - (2:53) - 98 plays
- Soul Limbo - (2:30) - 81 plays
- Tiney Winey - (4:00) - 113 plays
- Kingston Calypso - 2003 - Remaster - (2:46) - 76 plays
- Lively Up Yourself - (2:44) - 66 plays
- Jump Up - 2003 - Remaster - (2:14) - 76 plays