Byron Au Yong
0 Shouts - 3,448 Scrobbles
Composer and percussionist Byron Au Yong mixes folk and avant-garde musical techniques to create works that have been described by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer as "a beguiling hybrid of cultures" and Fanfare Magazine as "strong, evocative, engaging music." Recent projects include Kidnapping Water: Bottled Operas performed in waterways throughout the Pacific Northwest, Piao Zhu: Flying Bamboo, created for the Seattle Asian Art Museum, Surrender: A T'ai Qi Cantata premiered by The Esoterics, and YIJU: Songs of Dislocation presented at the Jack Straw New Media Gallery.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Water Whispers - (5:32) - 1 plays
- A Man is Falling - (0:45) - 1 plays
- San'Ya - (7:39) - 1 plays
- Night Ship - (1:09) - 1 plays
- Yiju - (4:08) - 1 plays
- Cricket - (7:44) - 1 plays
- Daughter - (3:50) - 1 plays
- Mist - (11:33) - 1 plays
- Ink Sounds - (0:40) - 1 plays
- Elephant - (5:04) - 1 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online