Byron Au Yong
0 Shouts - 3,450 Scrobbles
Composer and percussionist Byron Au Yong mixes folk and avant-garde musical techniques to create works that have been described by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer as "a beguiling hybrid of cultures" and Fanfare Magazine as "strong, evocative, engaging music." Recent projects include Kidnapping Water: Bottled Operas performed in waterways throughout the Pacific Northwest, Piao Zhu: Flying Bamboo, created for the Seattle Asian Art Museum, Surrender: A T'ai Qi Cantata premiered by The Esoterics, and YIJU: Songs of Dislocation presented at the Jack Straw New Media Gallery.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cricket - (7:44) - 1 plays
- Two Knives - (1:48) - 1 plays
- Water Whispers - (5:32) - 1 plays
- Night Ship - (1:09) - 1 plays
- San'Ya - (7:39) - 1 plays
- A Man is Falling - (0:45) - 1 plays
- Yiju - (4:08) - 1 plays
- Mist - (11:33) - 1 plays
- Elephant - (5:04) - 1 plays
- Caravan - (2:07) - 1 plays