Byron Au Yong
0 Shouts - 3,436 Scrobbles
Composer and percussionist Byron Au Yong mixes folk and avant-garde musical techniques to create works that have been described by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer as "a beguiling hybrid of cultures" and Fanfare Magazine as "strong, evocative, engaging music." Recent projects include Kidnapping Water: Bottled Operas performed in waterways throughout the Pacific Northwest, Piao Zhu: Flying Bamboo, created for the Seattle Asian Art Museum, Surrender: A T'ai Qi Cantata premiered by The Esoterics, and YIJU: Songs of Dislocation presented at the Jack Straw New Media Gallery.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Big Drum excerpt - (1:50) - 27 plays
- 移居 - (4:08) - 2 plays
- 催眠曲 - (6:39) - 3 plays
- Caravan - (2:07) - 1 plays
- Hello Helicopter - (2:05) - 3 plays
- Qi Yi Shi - (0:50) - 1 plays
- Daughter - (3:50) - 1 plays
- 夜船 - (1:09) - 2 plays
- Abundai [Seven Operas] - (9:37) - 2 plays
- Samai excerpt - (2:12) - 1 plays