3 Shouts - 15,489 Scrobbles
Byard Lancaster: From A Love Supreme to The Sex Machine
By Clifford Allen http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/review_print.php?id=17125 ”From A Love Supreme to The Sex Machine” is reedman Byard Lancaster's personal aesthetic mantra, something that recalls the theme of the Charles Moffett tune “Avant garde Got Soul Too”. Free jazz and creative improvisation historically have not often been viewed as the music of the people...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dogtown - (4:08) - 106 plays
- It's Not Up To Us - (4:52) - 93 plays
- Blue Train - (6:45) - 63 plays
- Just Test - (3:17) - 104 plays
- Amenta - (6:48) - 73 plays
- Work And Pray - (6:15) - 131 plays
- Last Summer - (3:24) - 66 plays
- Philly Jazz - (5:59) - 44 plays
- John's Children - (6:10) - 67 plays
- Misty - (5:05) - 53 plays