16 Shouts - 211,822 Scrobbles
Burro Banton (born Donovan Spalding, December 27, 1956, Kingston, Jamaica) is a dancehall reggae deejay popular in the 1980s and 1990s. He is most famous for his anthem "Boom Wah Dis," which has been recorded many times over the years, most popularly on the Steelie and Clevie riddim called Street Sweeper. Burro emerged during the early 1980s on Killamanjaro and other sound systems such as Volcano, Arrows, and Aces International. His fame rose after his lyrics caused Killamanjaro to "kill" the Volcano sound system of label-owner Henry "Junjo" Lawles in a popular sound clash in 1984.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Badder Den Dem - (3:15) - 1,016 plays
- Money Friend - (3:33) - 590 plays
- Ya Dun No - (3:16) - 390 plays
- Man Guinep - (3:31) - 215 plays
- Boom Wah Dis - (3:26) - 206 plays
- Kill a Set - (1:37) - 197 plays
- Boom Wa Dis - (3:48) - 169 plays
- Gunman - (3:43) - 149 plays
- Badder Dan Dem - (3:17) - 233 plays
- No Problem - (3:46) - 145 plays