0 Shouts - 748,963 Scrobbles
Buried Inside, formed in 1997, was a band from Ottawa, Canada. They were influenced by early metallic hardcore and screamo bands such as Acme, One Eyed God Prophecy, Drift, and Union of Uranus. Their sound included distorted vocals, creatively-timed drumming, heavy use of octave double stops (which created a very melodic effect), and occasional sampling of gloomy film dialogue or instruments such as the cello. In 2005 they signed to Relapse Records and put out their "concept" album, Chronoclast. In 2009 they released their fourth album, Spoils of Failure.Read More...
Andrew Tweedy: Guitar, Vocals
Nick Shaw: Vocals
Mike Godbout: Drums
Steve Martin: Bass, Vocals
Matias Palacios-Hardy: Guitar (1997-2005, 2009-2010)
Emmanuel Sayer: Guitar (2005-2009)
In and of the Self (Matlock Records, 1999)
Suspect Symmetry (Cyclop Media, React with Protest (Germany) 2001)
Chronoclast (Relapse Records, 2005)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsLet loose the clockwork dogs. Pathological believers, faithful servants. Reduced to servomechanisms with lock-step discipline and knee-jerk obedience. Reduced to time-reckoners with Newtonian mechanics and a Promethean mandate. Polishing and decorating each ideological cage. Notch by notch, hammer by hammer, escape from freedom. Prognosis: ideologies are habits of thought that defy thought and enable people to avoid thought. Airborne contagions, communicable plagues, towing the weary down river like rudderless wrecks, and we are all sick with them.
- Introduction - 46,386 plays
- Time As Methodology - 45,951 plays
- LyricsThe calendar year is an imperial narrative. The seven-day week is an imperial infliction. Circannual holidays are imperial flag-posts. Mechanical time is an imperial installation. The merchant workday is an imperial offering. Greenwich MeanTime is an imperial sanction. The looming weight, uniformly imposed; as albatross and as anchor. The new time-imperialists will get their way with those left: the rural, the feral, the frail. Feed them a thread, that leads to a string. They'll follow the string, until it leads to a rope, and from that rope every vestige of what was will be hung by the neck.
- LyricsHell-bent on standardization; on Cartesian deliverance. Time is the primary socializing tool. Indelibly imprinted and structurally biased. We are domesticated creatures of technical abstraction. If rationalism/reductionism is our religion, then time keeping is our benediction. Reified and ratified in fixed ideas and solid state circuitry. This baptism took place on the hinges of history by the faithful who made repression a cardinal requisite. By the faithful who made the timepiece as holy as the cross. Hell-bent on standardization: the wheel keeps turning and we all turn with it.
- IV - 35,586 plays
- II - 36,290 plays
- Time As Abjection - 37,781 plays
- Reintroduction - 37,758 plays
- Time As Automation - 36,123 plays