387 Shouts - 738,346 Scrobbles
Buried Inside, formed in 1997, was a band from Ottawa, Canada. They were influenced by early metallic hardcore and screamo bands such as Acme, One Eyed God Prophecy, Drift, and Union of Uranus. Their sound included distorted vocals, creatively-timed drumming, heavy use of octave double stops (which created a very melodic effect), and occasional sampling of gloomy film dialogue or instruments such as the cello. In 2005 they signed to Relapse Records and put out their "concept" album, Chronoclast. In 2009 they released their fourth album, Spoils of Failure.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- IV - (6:07) - 1,579 plays
- LyricsLet loose the clockwork dogs. Pathological believers, faithful servants. Reduced to servomechanisms with lock-step discipline and knee-jerk obedience. Reduced to time-reckoners with Newtonian mechanics and a Promethean mandate. Polishing and decorating each ideological cage. Notch by notch, hammer by hammer, escape from freedom. Prognosis: ideologies are habits of thought that defy thought and enable people to avoid thought. Airborne contagions, communicable plagues, towing the weary down river like rudderless wrecks, and we are all sick with them.
- LyricsThe calendar year is an imperial narrative. The seven-day week is an imperial infliction. Circannual holidays are imperial flag-posts. Mechanical time is an imperial installation. The merchant workday is an imperial offering. Greenwich MeanTime is an imperial sanction. The looming weight, uniformly imposed; as albatross and as anchor. The new time-imperialists will get their way with those left: the rural, the feral, the frail. Feed them a thread, that leads to a string. They'll follow the string, until it leads to a rope, and from that rope every vestige of what was will be hung by the neck.
- Introduction - (2:51) - 894 plays
- Time As Methodology - (2:23) - 945 plays
- Time As Surrogate Religion - (7:12) - 879 plays
- I - (6:54) - 919 plays
- III - (11:27) - 817 plays
- II - (3:57) - 835 plays
- V - (6:17) - 902 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online