381 Shouts - 708,698 Scrobbles
Buried Inside, formed in 1997, was a band from Ottawa, Canada. They were influenced by early metallic hardcore and screamo bands such as Acme, One Eyed God Prophecy, Drift, and Union of Uranus. Their sound included distorted vocals, creatively-timed drumming, heavy use of octave double stops (which created a very melodic effect), and occasional sampling of gloomy film dialogue or instruments such as the cello. In 2005 they signed to Relapse Records and put out their "concept" album, Chronoclast. In 2009 they released their fourth album, Spoils of Failure.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Time As Ideology - (3:14) - 1,283 plays
- Introduction - (2:51) - 1,230 plays
- Time As Imperialism - (4:24) - 1,235 plays
- Time As Methodology - (2:23) - 1,150 plays
- LyricsHell-bent on standardization; on Cartesian deliverance. Time is the primary socializing tool. Indelibly imprinted and structurally biased. We are domesticated creatures of technical abstraction. If rationalism/reductionism is our religion, then time keeping is our benediction. Reified and ratified in fixed ideas and solid state circuitry. This baptism took place on the hinges of history by the faithful who made repression a cardinal requisite. By the faithful who made the timepiece as holy as the cross. Hell-bent on standardization: the wheel keeps turning and we all turn with it.
- Reintroduction - (2:00) - 917 plays
- Time As Abjection - (4:55) - 935 plays
- I - (6:54) - 972 plays
- II - (3:57) - 986 plays
- IV - (6:07) - 949 plays