387 Shouts - 726,294 Scrobbles
Buried Inside, formed in 1997, was a band from Ottawa, Canada. They were influenced by early metallic hardcore and screamo bands such as Acme, One Eyed God Prophecy, Drift, and Union of Uranus. Their sound included distorted vocals, creatively-timed drumming, heavy use of octave double stops (which created a very melodic effect), and occasional sampling of gloomy film dialogue or instruments such as the cello. In 2005 they signed to Relapse Records and put out their "concept" album, Chronoclast. In 2009 they released their fourth album, Spoils of Failure.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsLet loose the clockwork dogs. Pathological believers, faithful servants. Reduced to servomechanisms with lock-step discipline and knee-jerk obedience. Reduced to time-reckoners with Newtonian mechanics and a Promethean mandate. Polishing and decorating each ideological cage. Notch by notch, hammer by hammer, escape from freedom. Prognosis: ideologies are habits of thought that defy thought and enable people to avoid thought. Airborne contagions, communicable plagues, towing the weary down river like rudderless wrecks, and we are all sick with them.
- Time As Imperialism - (4:24) - 1,165 plays
- Time As Methodology - (2:23) - 1,161 plays
- Time As Surrogate Religion - (7:12) - 1,022 plays
- I - (6:54) - 882 plays
- Reintroduction - (2:00) - 867 plays
- Time As Abjection - (4:55) - 868 plays
- V - (6:17) - 940 plays
- Time As Commodity - (5:50) - 871 plays