6 Shouts - 203,027 Scrobbles
Roland Bernard "Bunny" Berigan (November 2, 1908 – June 2, 1942) was an American jazz trumpeter who rose to fame during the swing era, but whose career and influence were shortened by a losing battle with alcoholism that ended with his early death at age 33 from cirrhosis. Although he composed some jazz instrumentals like "Chicken and Waffles" and "Blues", Berigan was best known for his virtuoso jazz trumpeting. His 1937 classic recording "I Can't Get Started" was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1975.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Can't Get Started - (4:47) - 1,134 plays
- Walkin' the Dog - (3:09) - 418 plays
- Jazz Me Blues - (3:15) - 232 plays
- Swanee River - (2:24) - 310 plays
- Blue Lou - (2:53) - 185 plays
- Mahogany Hall Stomp - (2:35) - 196 plays
- Ain't She Sweet - (2:38) - 165 plays
- Let's Do It - (3:17) - 131 plays
- Jelly Roll Blues - (3:30) - 106 plays
- Black Bottom - (3:23) - 118 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online