251 Shouts - 2,770,698 Scrobbles
Buju Banton (born Mark Myrie 1973) is a Jamaican dancehall, ragga, and reggae singer. He was born in a slum near Kingston, Jamaica called Salt Lane. "Buju" is a nickname which is of Breadfruit. The name is ironic in light of Mark Myrie's slim frame and large head, but it is, nevertheless, the nickname his mother gave him as a child. "Banton" is a Jamaican word referring to someone with a superior attitude and a gift with speech, but it was also the name of a local artist Burro Banton that Buju admired as a child.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hills And Valleys - (4:33) - 7,370 plays
- Murderer - (3:56) - 6,116 plays
- Champion - (3:57) - 4,977 plays
- Boom Bye Bye - (3:46) - 2,361 plays
- Untold Stories - (4:33) - 1,946 plays
- Batty Rider - (3:51) - 1,787 plays
- Destiny - (3:58) - 1,412 plays
- Wanna Be Loved - (4:05) - 1,305 plays
- Not An Easy Road - (3:59) - 952 plays
- 'Til I'm Laid To Rest - (4:23) - 896 plays