229 Shouts - 2,687,592 Scrobbles
Buju Banton (born Mark Myrie 1973) is a Jamaican dancehall, ragga, and reggae singer. He was born in a slum near Kingston, Jamaica called Salt Lane. "Buju" is a nickname which is of Breadfruit. The name is ironic in light of Mark Myrie's slim frame and large head, but it is, nevertheless, the nickname his mother gave him as a child. "Banton" is a Jamaican word referring to someone with a superior attitude and a gift with speech, but it was also the name of a local artist Burro Banton that Buju admired as a child.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsMurderer, blood is on your shoulder
Kill I today you cannot kill I tomorrow
Murder, your inside must be hollow
How does it feel to take the life of another?
Murderer, blood is on your shoulder
- Hills And Valleys - (4:33) - 6,635 plays
- LyricsMe, wanna walk like a champion
Talk like a champion
What a piece of body girl
Tell me where you get it from
Knock 'pon your entrance
- Untold Stories - (4:33) - 2,673 plays
- Boom Bye Bye - (3:46) - 2,510 plays
- Batty Rider - (3:51) - 2,064 plays
- Destiny - (3:58) - 1,792 plays
- Wanna Be Loved - (4:05) - 1,578 plays
- Not An Easy Road - (3:59) - 1,219 plays
- Love Sponge - (3:38) - 1,259 plays