0 Shouts - 8,331 Scrobbles
There are at least two bands called Brunswick:Read More...
1. Brunswick is a pop-punk/rock band formed in Andover, MA in 2003. Founding members Mike Addonizio (guitar) and Joe Broderick (bass) recruited vocalist Ian Bergeson and drummer Craig Bray to round out their lineup and immediately got to work recording home demos and playing local shows. After adding second guitarist Andrew Buonfiglio, their musical output expanded to include new styles and influences and in 2005, the lineup was noticed by local startup Four Square Records. That year, Brunswick put out a full-length entitled Told In Photographs through the label to limited distribution and lukewarm critical reception. Then, all at once, Bray left to pursue an education at NYU, the band found a new drummer in Mike Moschetto (a.k.a. Il Presidente) and Four Square collapsed.
With a new sense of freedom in mind, the band approached 2006 with a clean slate. Having written some of their catchiest songs, the band took a few to producer John Naclerio and soon after released the My Name Is Disaster EP. This caught the attention of another local label, Red Blue Records, with which the band signed and was slated to release another record the following summer. The studio sessions happened, but the Here You Are...There You Go EP was never released, which led to bad blood between Brunswick and their label. The two split at the end of 2007 and, fed up with the bureaucracy of it all, Addonizio parted ways with the band.
That renewed sense of freedom came rushing back and instead of finding a new guitar player and continuing on, they changed their lineup all around and tweaked their sound. Former drummer Moschetto moved to guitar and Matt Foley filled the drum position. This lineup lasted long enough to write and record a new EP, D.I.Y. and play a few shows, but before long, Moschetto and Buonfiglio became disenchanted with the whole scene and quit the band, playing their last show together in May 2008.
The remaining three members took the summer off to regroup and strategize, but in October 2008, they announced their second comeback of the year - Bergeson had taken up rhythm guitar duties and recruited guitarist Kenneth Celli.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Decision - 1,358 plays
- My Name Is Disaster - 1,004 plays
- Avalon (Boundless In Static) - 1,047 plays
- In Spirit - 657 plays
- Smith and Wesson - 614 plays
- Dream Sequence Soundtrack - 311 plays
- Trauma! - 299 plays
- Promise - 456 plays
- Give In And Go - 219 plays
- Something About Us - 85 plays