0 Shouts - 15,107 Scrobbles
Bruno Vlahek is a versatile young artist whose emerging international career is successfully divided between piano performing and composing. Born in 1986 in Croatia it was here that he received his first musical education at the age of 9. Vlahek gave concerts in Palau de la Música in Barcelona, Liszt Academy in Budapest, Auditorio Nacional in Madrid, Gasteig in Munich, Mozarteum Salzburg, Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Shanghai Concert Hall, at the Dubrovnik Summer Festival, Festival Busoni, Vladimir Spivakov Festival in Moscow, Verbier Festival and others. In 2008 he recorded C. Saint-Saëns' Second Piano Concerto with Orchestre Chambre de Lausanne.Read More...
He is a first prize winner of the international piano competitions „A. Scriabin“ in Paris 2010 and „R. Viñes“ in Lleida 2008, laureate of China Shanghai International Piano Competition 2012, winner of Yamaha Foundation’s Award in Madrid and Pnina Salzman Award 2011 in Israel.
He studied at the Zagreb Music Academy with Vladimir Krpan, Haute Ecole de Musique in Lausanne with Jean-François Antonioli and Hochschule für Musik in Cologne with Vassily Lobanov. From 2010, he is Dmitri Bashkirov’s student at the Queen Sofía College of Music in Madrid where he received an award for the best student in 2011 from the hands of Her Majesty Queen Sofía of Spain.
He has composed more than 40 orchestral, chamber, solo and choral works of various genres which have been performed in Europe, Canada, USA, Russia, China, Venezuela and at the ISCM’s World New Music Days 2010 in Sydney (Australia).
Visit Bruno Vlahek's Official Site! http://www.brunovlahek.com
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jazz-toccata - 11,612 plays
- Offertorium for organ - 1,516 plays
- Bozidar Kunc: Improvisation on a Croatian folk tune, op.19 - 181 plays
- C. Saint-Saens: Piano Concerto no. 2 (II mvt.) - 185 plays
- Prelude, Aria and Scherzo - II. Aria - 313 plays
- 3 preludes - I. Allegro deciso - 136 plays
- Prelude, Aria and Scherzo - I. Prelude - 139 plays
- Prelude, Aria and Scherzo - III. Scherzo - 112 plays
- 3 preludes - II. Poco misterioso e rubato - 77 plays
- 3 preludes - III. Presto giocoso - 77 plays