2,951 Shouts - 53,396,605 Scrobbles
Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born September 23, 1949 in Freehold, New Jersey, US) is an American songwriter, singer and guitarist. He is also known as "The Boss." He has frequently toured as Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Springsteen is most widely known for his brand of heartland rock infused with pop hooks, poetic lyrics, and americana sentiments centered around his native New Jersey.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIn the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream
At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected,and steppin' out over the line
h-Oh, Baby this town rips the bones from your back
- LyricsI get up in the evening
And I ain't got nothing to say
I come home in the morning
I go to bed feeling the same way
I ain't nothing but tired
- LyricsBorn down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering upBorn in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
- LyricsI was bruised and battered, I couldn't tell what I felt.
I was unrecognizable to myself.
I saw my reflection in a window, I didn't know my own face.
Oh brother are you gonna leave me wastin' away
On the Streets of Philadelphia.
- LyricsHey little girl is your daddy home?
Did he go away and leave you all alone?
I got a bad desire
I'm on fire
Tell me now baby is he good to you?
- The River - (4:58) - 98,777 plays
- Thunder Road - (4:48) - 93,679 plays
- Hungry Heart - (3:18) - 75,332 plays
- Glory Days - (3:47) - 67,131 plays
- We Take Care of Our Own - (3:53) - 68,147 plays