81 Shouts - 1,273,064 Scrobbles
Bruce Cockburn (pronounced "CO-burn") (born May 27, 1945 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) has had a long and distinguished career, with much success in his native Canada. He has written songs in styles ranging from folk to jazz-influenced rock to rock and roll. Cockburn was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 2001. In 2012 he received the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal (in Canada the award was to honour "significant contributions and achievements by Canadians").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSunset is an angel weeping
Holding out a bloody sword
No matter how I squint I cannot
Make out what it's pointing toward
Sometimes you feel like you live too long
- When It's Gone It's Gone - (4:19) - 2,416 plays
- LyricsSun's up, uuh huh, looks okay
the world survives into another day
and i'm thinking about eternity
some kind of ecstasy got a hold on me.
I had another dream about lions at the door
- LyricsHere comes the helicopter -- second time today
Everybody scatters and hopes it goes away
How many kids they've murdered only God can say
If I had a rocket launcher... I'd make somebody pay
I don't believe in guarded borders and I don't believe in hate
- LyricsDon't the hours grow shorter as the days go by?
You never get to stop and open your eyes
One day you're waiting for the sky to fall
The next you're dazzled by the beauty of it all
When you're lovers in a dangerous time
- Train In The Rain - (3:42) - 895 plays
- If A Tree Falls - (5:45) - 675 plays
- Last Night Of The World - (4:50) - 803 plays
- Night Train - (6:14) - 732 plays
- Creation Dream - (3:59) - 591 plays