Brothers Of The Baladi
1 Shouts - 10,592 Scrobbles
The musical traditions of the Middle East have been adapted by Yuma, AZ-formed and Portland, OR-based band, Brothers of the Baladi. Combining traditional instruments with Western instrumentation and singing in seven languages, the group uses Middle Eastern sounds to create a unique, highly rhythmic dance music. According to the L.A. Times, the Brothers of the Baladi's sound "knows no borders." Portland newspaper the Oregonian praised the band for "the sound that makes regular guys loosen their ties and dance on the table...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Al Maya - (2:03) - 11 plays
- Deck The Halls - 5 plays
- Dueling Drums - (1:22) - 17 plays
- Ah Nada Nada (Oh Nada ! Sung in Arabic & English) - (3:45) - 5 plays
- Paint It Black - Rolling Stones in the Middle East - (3:35) - 3 plays
- Kabul Blues 2 - (1:46) - 7 plays
- Good King Wenceslas (From Piae Cantiones) - (1:49) - 5 plays
- It Came Upon A Midnight Clear (Richard S. Willis) - (2:20) - 7 plays
- Deck The Halls (Traditional Welsh Carol) - (2:40) - 4 plays
- Habibi - Nour Al Ain (Famous Arabic Pop Love Song) - (5:04) - 2 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online