Brothers Of The Baladi
1 Shouts - 10,437 Scrobbles
The musical traditions of the Middle East have been adapted by Yuma, AZ-formed and Portland, OR-based band, Brothers of the Baladi. Combining traditional instruments with Western instrumentation and singing in seven languages, the group uses Middle Eastern sounds to create a unique, highly rhythmic dance music. According to the L.A. Times, the Brothers of the Baladi's sound "knows no borders." Portland newspaper the Oregonian praised the band for "the sound that makes regular guys loosen their ties and dance on the table...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Al Maya - (2:03) - 11 plays
- Ah Nada Nada (Oh Nada ! Sung in Arabic & English) - (3:45) - 5 plays
- Kabul Blues 2 - (1:46) - 6 plays
- Paint It Black - Rolling Stones in the Middle East - (3:35) - 2 plays
- Flower Of The Stone (Persian Love Song) - (3:43) - 2 plays
- Yesilim (My Green Dressed Sweetheart) - (4:58) - 10 plays
- Wah Wah - (6:27) - 2 plays
- Ah Ya Zein - (3:07) - 2 plays
- For What It's Worth - (3:47) - 6 plays
- Guardian - (5:56) - 2 plays