Brothers Of The Baladi
1 Shouts - 10,178 Scrobbles
The musical traditions of the Middle East have been adapted by Yuma, AZ-formed and Portland, OR-based band, Brothers of the Baladi. Combining traditional instruments with Western instrumentation and singing in seven languages, the group uses Middle Eastern sounds to create a unique, highly rhythmic dance music. According to the L.A. Times, the Brothers of the Baladi's sound "knows no borders." Portland newspaper the Oregonian praised the band for "the sound that makes regular guys loosen their ties and dance on the table...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Miserlou (Made famous by Dick Dale King of Surf Guitar) - (5:17) - 75 plays
- Ma Zamir (Egyptian) - (4:30) - 46 plays
- Al Maya - (2:03) - 39 plays
- Ah Ya Zein (Traditional Arabic Folk) - (3:07) - 17 plays
- Ah Nada Nada (Oh Nada ! Sung in Arabic & English) - (3:45) - 10 plays
- Perom Pom Pom - (5:13) - 7 plays
- Cheftetelli (Nay, Oud, Kanoon, Kemengeh & Darbuka) - (6:02) - 7 plays
- Bir Demet (A Bouquet Of Jasmine Flowers For You) - (5:11) - 11 plays
- Lyke Wake Dirge - (3:41) - 5 plays
- Guardian - (5:56) - 5 plays