Brooks & Dunn
97 Shouts - 4,372,093 Scrobbles
Brooks & Dunn were a country music singer-songwriter duo, the most successful in the history of country music. Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn debuted as Brooks & Dunn in 1991. They have since won the Vocal Duo Award of the Country Music Association every year between 1992 and 2005, with the exception of 2000 in which Southern Rock duo Montgomery Gentry took the honor. Other notable awards include the CMA Album of the Year award for 1994 and the Entertainer of the Year gong for 1996. As of 2004, the duo had won 19 CMA awards and remain the foremost duo in their genre.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI was raised off of Rural Route 3
Out past where the blacktop ends
We'd walk to church on Sunday morning
Race barefoot back to Johnson's fence
That's where I first saw Mary
- LyricsOut in the country past the city limits sign,
Well, there's a honky tonk near the county line.
The joint starts jumpin' every night when the sun goes down.
They got whiskey, women, music and smoke,
It's where all the cowboy folk go to boot scootin' boogie
- LyricsMy Maria
Don't you know I've come a long long way
I been longin' to see her when she's around she takes my blues away
The sunlight surely hurts my eyes
- LyricsOnce I thought that love was something I could never do
Never knew that I could feel this much
But this yearning in the deep part of my heart for you
Is more than a reaction to your touch
It's a perfect passion and I can't get enough
- LyricsWhen the sun goes down
On my side of town
That lonesome feelin'
Comes to my door
The whole world turns
- Play Something Country - (3:15) - 8,287 plays
- Brand New Man - (2:58) - 7,653 plays
- Hillbilly Deluxe - (4:18) - 6,591 plays
- She's Not the Cheatin' Kind - (3:24) - 4,703 plays
- Only In America - (4:29) - 3,933 plays