Brooklyn Funk Essentials
47 Shouts - 991,620 Scrobbles
Brooklyn Funk Essentials is an acid-jazz, funk, and hip hop collective featuring musicians and poets from different cultures. The band was conceived in 1993 by producer Arthur Baker and bassist and musical director Lati Kronlund. Lati Kronlund played the bass, and other members included Hanifah Walidah (aka Sha-key), Joi Cardwell, Papa Dee and Stephanie McKay (vocals), Everton Sylvester and David Allen (dub poetry), Josh Roseman (trombone), Bob Brockmann (trumpet), Paul Shapiro (sax & flute), Yancy Drew and Tony Allen (drums), E.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Take The L Train - (5:49) - 1,861 plays
- Bop Hop - (5:12) - 1,224 plays
- Istanbul Twilight - (6:54) - 827 plays
- I Got Cash - (4:49) - 837 plays
- Big Apple Boogaloo - (6:19) - 854 plays
- The Creator Has A Master Plan - Original Album Version - (5:50) - 858 plays
- The Creator has a Master Plan - (5:34) - 626 plays
- Brooklyn Recycles - (5:23) - 562 plays
- Mambo Con Dancehall - (6:50) - 576 plays
- Ska Ka-Bop - (4:55) - 508 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online