0 Shouts - 374,141 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists with the name Bronco.Read More...
1. Bronco is a Mexican Grupero group from Apodaca, N.L. Bronco's modern take on the Norteño style in the '80s and '90s helped earn them a number of international hits. Band members José Guadalupe Esparza, Ramiro Delgado, Javier Villareal, and José Luís 'Choche' Villareal crafted a sound that paid tribute to the Norteño tradition while incorporating modern instruments like keyboards, as well as a more melodic, pop style with elaborate costumes.
2. Vocalist Jess Roden, formerly of the Alan Bown Set, instigated the excellent group Bronco in 1970. Kevin Hammond (guitar, vocals), John Pasternak (bass) - both ex-Band Of Joy - Robbie Blunt (guitar) and Pete Robinson (drums) completed the line-up, which made its debut that year with Country Home, ILPS 9124 (not ILPS 9134 which was to be the catalogue number for Nick Drake's next album, "Bryter Layter"). The quintet offered a relaxed, sympathetic setting for the singer's soulful delivery, best exemplified on Ace Of Sunlight, which featured support from Ian Hunter and Mick Ralphs from Mott The Hoople, and Fotheringay's Trevor Lucas. Despite their promise, Bronco was unable to secure a sound commercial footing and the departure of Roden for a solo career effectively killed the group. Blunt subsequently joined Silverhead and appeared in several short-lived aggregations before securing widespread recognition with his work for Robert Plant.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Que No Quede Huella - 37,386 plays
- Sergio el Bailador - 20,011 plays
- Adoro - 21,311 plays
- Amigo Bronco - 18,606 plays
- Si Te Vuelves A Enamorar - 15,139 plays
- Nunca Voy A Olvidarte - 15,483 plays
- Oro - 13,270 plays
- Dos Mujeres un Camino - 10,065 plays
- Libros Tontos - 8,857 plays
- El Golpe Traidor - 6,845 plays