22 Shouts - 131,988 Scrobbles
Brinsley Schwarz were a 1970s English pub rock band, named after their guitarist Brinsley Schwarz that merged a love of American-style country rock, soul, pop, and R&B and had a six year run with United Artists records. They had evolved into its most well-known form by 1969 after achieving some success as Kippington Lodge. Likely most notable for being the early 70s UK pub rock band that spawned the solo career of Nick Lowe, recording the tune "(What's So Funny About) Peace Love & Understanding" in 1974 several years before fan & former roadie Elvis Costello recorded it.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Surrender To The Rhythm - (3:25) - 494 plays
- Country Girl - (3:10) - 425 plays
- (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love And Understanding - (3:31) - 439 plays
- Happy Doing What We're Doing - (4:44) - 241 plays
- The Ugly Things - (2:46) - 319 plays
- Don't Lose Your Grip On Love - (4:23) - 241 plays
- Silver Pistol - (3:22) - 197 plays
- Nervous On The Road (But Can't Stay At Home) - (4:57) - 186 plays
- Nightingale - (3:00) - 133 plays
- (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding - (3:34) - 194 plays