Brad Bird is a sometimes ambient / drone composer from Cape Town, South Africa not to be confused with the sometimes American animation director of the same name.Read More...
Taking influence from recent post rock and drone artists such as Godspeed YBE and Fennesz, as well as the classic artists in this area like Eno and William Basinski, his work explores the repetitive rhythms found in nature, combining these with various found sounds, field recordings and undulating compositions. His sound tends to evoke a fairly ominous environment, but somehow relaxing and visual.
Brad has also been involved in a number of remix projects exploring a more dub style for artists including South African experimental band Benguela, his recordings can be found on the openrecord label, www.openrecord.co.za. Brad is currenly based in London, UK.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - 1,181 plays
- Ratatouille - 544 plays
- The Incredibles - 363 plays
- Mission: Impossible - Phantom Protokoll - 235 plays
- The Iron Giant - 200 plays
- A New Deal [Score] - 144 plays
- Souped Up - 142 plays
- Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol - 50 plays
- Confusion in the Van - 20 plays
- Underwater - 20 plays