Brad Bird is a sometimes ambient / drone composer from Cape Town, South Africa not to be confused with the sometimes American animation director of the same name. Taking influence from recent post rock and drone artists such as Godspeed YBE and Fennesz, as well as the classic artists in this area like Eno and William Basinski, his work explores the repetitive rhythms found in nature, combining these with various found sounds, field recordings and undulating compositions. His sound tends to evoke a fairly ominous environment, but somehow relaxing and visual.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Souped Up - 15 plays
- A New Deal [Score] - 12 plays
- The Incredibles - (1:51) - 6 plays
- The Iron Giant - (86:39) - 5 plays
- Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol - (132:55) - 7 plays
- Mission: Impossible - Phantom Protokoll - (133:10) - 2 plays
- The Sandstorm - (3:07) - 1 plays
- Underwater - (2:55) - 1 plays
- Benji Almost Caught in the Kremlin - (1:15) - 1 plays
- Confusion in the Van - (2:10) - 1 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online