Brad Bird is a sometimes ambient / drone composer from Cape Town, South Africa not to be confused with the sometimes American animation director of the same name. Taking influence from recent post rock and drone artists such as Godspeed YBE and Fennesz, as well as the classic artists in this area like Eno and William Basinski, his work explores the repetitive rhythms found in nature, combining these with various found sounds, field recordings and undulating compositions. His sound tends to evoke a fairly ominous environment, but somehow relaxing and visual.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A New Deal [Score] - 10 plays
- Souped Up - 9 plays
- The Incredibles - (1:51) - 2 plays
- Mission: Impossible - Phantom Protokoll - (133:10) - 2 plays
- The Iron Giant - (86:39) - 2 plays
- Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol - (132:55) - 1 plays
- Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol - (132:56) - 1 plays
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - (124:54) - 1 plays
- 100 Mile Dash - (3:08) - 3 plays
- Saving Metroville - (5:03) - 2 plays