167 Shouts - 558,759 Scrobbles
George Alan O'Dowd (born June 14, 1961, in London, United Kingdom), a Irish/British singer, songwriter & DJ who gained fame with his group Culture Club during the 80s. He epitomized the term "blue-eyed soul" and received just as much airplay on R&B radio stations as pop stations. George's androgynous style caught the attention of music executive Malcolm McLaren, who arranged for George to perform with the group Bow Wow Wow, featuring Annabella Lwin, at various shows. George called himself Lieutenant Lush and nearly stole the spotlight from Lwin.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou sheltered me from harm
Kept me warm, you kept me warm
You gave my life to me
Set me free, you set me free
Of all the years I ever knew
- LyricsI know all there is to know about the crying game
I've had my share of the crying game
First there are kisses, then there are sighs
And then before you know where you are
You're sayin' goodbye
- Do You Really Want to Hurt Me - (4:27) - 956 plays
- LyricsIs there loving in your eyes all the way?
If I listen to your lies, would you say?
I'm a man without conviction
I'm a man who doesn't know
How to sell a contradiction
- Yes We Can - (3:16) - 351 plays
- Keep Me In Mind - (4:04) - 323 plays
- Love Hurts - (4:27) - 277 plays
- Amazing Grace - (5:02) - 346 plays
- Turn 2 Dust - (5:43) - 298 plays
- If I Could Fly - (4:08) - 288 plays