179 Shouts - 689,564 Scrobbles
George Alan O'Dowd (born June 14, 1961, in London, United Kingdom), a Irish/British singer, songwriter & DJ who gained fame with his group Culture Club during the 80s. He epitomized the term "blue-eyed soul" and received just as much airplay on R&B radio stations as pop stations. George's androgynous style caught the attention of music executive Malcolm McLaren, who arranged for George to perform with the group Bow Wow Wow, featuring Annabella Lwin, at various shows. George called himself Lieutenant Lush and nearly stole the spotlight from Lwin.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Everything I Own - (3:54) - 5,156 plays
- King Of Everything - (3:37) - 5,786 plays
- The Crying Game - (3:22) - 6,444 plays
- LyricsMan gives me the book of God
And I turn to him and say
"I wouldn't be here, my friend
If I had no faith"
Here in the darkness
- Bigger Than War - (3:46) - 2,247 plays
- Live Your Life - (4:34) - 1,978 plays
- It's Easy - (3:37) - 2,117 plays
- Death of Samantha - (5:30) - 1,751 plays
- Nice and Slow - (4:09) - 2,146 plays
- Any Road - (4:55) - 1,691 plays