3 Shouts - 5,688 Scrobbles
Borah Bergman (b. December 13, 1933, Brooklyn) is an American pianist. Early in his career, it was typical for jazz critics to compare the extraordinary free jazz pianist Borah Bergman to Cecil Taylor. Lately, however, critics now regularly point out the folly in such comparisons, perpetuating the very same juxtaposition, instead of listening to Bergman abstracted from such concerns. Though Bergman himself claims Tristano, Monk, and Powell as influences, he rates comparison with nobody, so singular is his ability as an improvising pianist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Meditation 1 - (3:12) - 21 plays
- Meditation 2 - (12:49) - 20 plays
- Meditation 7 - (1:34) - 17 plays
- Meditation 6 - (6:59) - 18 plays
- Meditation 3 - (7:08) - 18 plays
- Meditation 5 - (7:26) - 17 plays
- Meditation 4 - (7:32) - 14 plays
- Exhilaration - (23:46) - 9 plays
- Red Shadows - (5:46) - 9 plays
- Pt. 1: By The Red Moon Night Circus - (12:56) - 5 plays