Booker T. & the MG's
152 Shouts - 4,269,627 Scrobbles
Formed in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee, Booker T and the MG's ("MG" officially stood for "Memphis Group", and is usually punctuated correctly on LP covers as "M.G.") became one of the most important soul outfits in the history of music. They were indispensable as the house band for Stax Records, backing many rising artists (Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Albert King, and many others), but it was the MGs themselves that put Stax on the map with such singles as "Green Onions", which reached number three on the Pop Charts, and "Hip Hug-Her", which reached number six on the Pop Charts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAll right people, the rest of the hard working
All star blues brothers are gonna be out here in a minute
Including my little brother Jake
But right now, I'd like to talk a little bit about thi
E you're hearing this is of course the green onions tune
- Green Onions (45 version) - (2:48) - 24,450 plays
- Time is Tight - (3:16) - 4,856 plays
- Behave Yourself - (3:55) - 3,608 plays
- Mo' Onions - (2:57) - 3,583 plays
- Hip Hug-Her - (2:22) - 3,268 plays
- Melting Pot - (3:49) - 3,031 plays
- Jingle Bells - (2:37) - 2,180 plays
- I Got a Woman - (3:35) - 1,911 plays
- My Sweet Potato - (2:39) - 1,604 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online