Booker T. & the MG's
149 Shouts - 4,049,198 Scrobbles
Formed in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee, Booker T and the MG's ("MG" officially stood for "Memphis Group", and is usually punctuated correctly on LP covers as "M.G.") became one of the most important soul outfits in the history of music. They were indispensable as the house band for Stax Records, backing many rising artists (Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Albert King, and many others), but it was the MGs themselves that put Stax on the map with such singles as "Green Onions", which reached number three on the Pop Charts, and "Hip Hug-Her", which reached number six on the Pop Charts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Green Onions - (2:56) - 37,567 plays
- Green Onions (45 version) - (2:48) - 10,691 plays
- Time is Tight - (3:16) - 4,649 plays
- Behave Yourself - (3:55) - 3,126 plays
- Melting Pot - (3:49) - 3,226 plays
- Mo' Onions - (2:32) - 3,351 plays
- Hip Hug-Her - (2:22) - 2,916 plays
- Soul Limbo - (2:23) - 2,109 plays
- I Got a Woman - (3:35) - 1,503 plays
- Twist and Shout - (2:13) - 1,316 plays