Booker T. & the MG's
149 Shouts - 4,028,934 Scrobbles
Formed in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee, Booker T and the MG's ("MG" officially stood for "Memphis Group", and is usually punctuated correctly on LP covers as "M.G.") became one of the most important soul outfits in the history of music. They were indispensable as the house band for Stax Records, backing many rising artists (Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Albert King, and many others), but it was the MGs themselves that put Stax on the map with such singles as "Green Onions", which reached number three on the Pop Charts, and "Hip Hug-Her", which reached number six on the Pop Charts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Green Onions - (2:56) - 34,126 plays
- Green Onions (45 version) - (2:48) - 8,753 plays
- Time is Tight - (3:16) - 4,030 plays
- Behave Yourself - (3:55) - 3,096 plays
- Mo' Onions - (2:32) - 3,471 plays
- Hip Hug-Her - (2:22) - 3,111 plays
- Melting Pot - (3:49) - 2,849 plays
- Soul Limbo - (2:23) - 1,867 plays
- I Got A Woman - (3:35) - 1,689 plays
- Twist And Shout - (2:13) - 1,502 plays