1 Shouts - 20,750 Scrobbles
Carlos and Julio Arguedas founded Bolivia Manta to help preserve and promote the traditions of the indigenous communities of the Andes. "When the Spaniards arrived," notes the group, "thousands of men were uprooted from their communities and condemned to work in the towns and mining centers. Exploited, despised, they continued to play and the music endured through time, getting richer from the influences that mixed in with it.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chayantenita - (2:42) - 128 plays
- Chayantenita (Andean/Bolivia) - (2:43) - 15 plays
- Huasicama - 6 plays
- Festejo a Jumechi - 4 plays
- Chovena Oriental - 4 plays
- Carnaval Ayacuchano - 5 plays
- Morenos de Oruro - 4 plays
- Sankayo Cacharpaya - 4 plays
- Hojita Verde - 3 plays
- Chiriwano - 3 plays