3,946 Shouts - 63,560,809 Scrobbles
Bob Marley (February 6, 1945 – May 11, 1981), born Nesta Robert Marley which was later to be changed by passport officials to Robert Nesta Marley, was a Jamaican singer-songwriter, guitarist, and activist. He was the most widely known writer and performer of reggae, and more specifically roots reggae. He is famous for popularising the genre outside of Jamaica and the Caribbean. Much of his music dealt with the struggles of the spiritually wealthy rasta and/or spiritually powerful Jah Rastafari.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right! "
Rise up this mornin',
- LyricsI want to love you, and treat you right,
I want to love you, every day and every night,
We'll be together, with a roof right over our heads,
We'll share the shelter, of my single bed,
We'll share the same room, yeah! For Jah provide the bread.
- LyricsCould you be loved and be loved?
Could you be loved and be loved?
Don't let them fool ya
Or even try to school ya! Oh, no!
We've got a mind of our own
- LyricsBuffalo Soldier, Dreadlock Rasta
There was a Buffalo Soldier
In the heart of America
Stolen from Africa, brought to America
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival
- LyricsStir it up, little darlin', stir it up. Come on, baby.
Come on and stir it up: little darlin', stir it up. O-oh!
It's been a long, long time, yeah! (Stir it, stir it, stir it together)
Since I got you on my mind. (Oh-oh-oh-oh) Oh-oh!
Now you are here (Stir it, stir it, stir it together), I said, it's so clear
- I Shot The Sheriff - (5:26) - 22,273 plays
- No Woman No Cry - (4:59) - 22,436 plays
- Jamming - (3:32) - 23,200 plays
- Sun Is Shining - (2:08) - 21,631 plays
- Redemption Song - (3:49) - 23,650 plays