3,921 Shouts - 62,970,521 Scrobbles
Bob Marley (February 6, 1945 – May 11, 1981), born Nesta Robert Marley which was later to be changed by passport officials to Robert Nesta Marley, was a Jamaican singer-songwriter, guitarist, and activist. He was the most widely known writer and performer of reggae, and more specifically roots reggae. He is famous for popularising the genre outside of Jamaica and the Caribbean. Much of his music dealt with the struggles of the spiritually wealthy rasta and/or spiritually powerful Jah Rastafari.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right! "
Rise up this mornin',
- LyricsI wanna love you and treat you right;
I wanna love you every day and every night:
We'll be together with a roof right over our heads;
We'll share the shelter of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! - for Jah provide the bread.
- LyricsCould you be loved and be loved?
Could you be loved and be loved?
Don't let them fool ya,
Or even try to school ya! Oh, no!
We've got a mind of our own,
- LyricsBuffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta
There was a buffalo soldier in the heart of America
Stolen from Africa, brought to America
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival
I mean it when I analyze the stench
- LyricsStir it up, little darling, stir it up
Come on, baby, come on and stir it up, little darling, stir it up
It's been a long, long time
Since I've got you on my mind
And now you are here
- I Shot The Sheriff - (5:26) - 25,959 plays
- No Woman No Cry - (4:59) - 27,070 plays
- Jamming - (3:32) - 27,072 plays
- One Love - (3:36) - 26,685 plays
- Sun Is Shining - (2:08) - 24,947 plays