Bob Dylan and The Band
92 Shouts - 2,999,717 Scrobbles
Bob Dylan & The Band is a long-lived collaboration with few official releases, their recordings together often released under Dylan's name alone. The members of The Band first worked together as The Hawks, the backing band of rockabilly singer Ronnie Hawkins from 1959 until 1963. Shortly afterwards, Bob Dylan came to Toronto and recruited the quintet for his history-making 1965/1966 world tour. The Band also worked with Dylan on the initial Blonde on Blonde sessions which, bar two tracks, were ultimately abandoned in favour of versions recorded with Nashville session musicians.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Odds and Ends - (1:47) - 1,691 plays
- Million Dollar Bash - (2:31) - 1,515 plays
- You Ain't Goin' Nowhere - (2:41) - 1,653 plays
- This Wheel's on Fire - (3:52) - 1,224 plays
- Tears of Rage - (4:15) - 993 plays
- Goin' to Acapulco - (5:27) - 1,063 plays
- Ain't No More Cane - (3:58) - 886 plays
- Yazoo Street Scandal - (3:29) - 934 plays
- Please, Mrs. Henry - (2:33) - 825 plays
- Bessie Smith - (4:18) - 863 plays