Bob Dylan and The Band
97 Shouts - 3,200,842 Scrobbles
Bob Dylan and The Band is a long-lived collaboration with few official releases, their recordings together often released under Dylan's name alone. The members of The Band first worked together as The Hawks, the backing band of rockabilly singer Ronnie Hawkins from 1959 until 1963. Shortly afterwards, Bob Dylan came to Toronto and recruited the quintet for his history-making 1965/1966 world tour. The Band also worked with Dylan on the initial Blonde on Blonde sessions which, bar two tracks, were ultimately abandoned in favour of versions recorded with Nashville session musicians.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Million Dollar Bash - (2:31) - 1,164 plays
- You Ain't Goin' Nowhere - (2:41) - 1,084 plays
- Goin' to Acapulco - (5:27) - 920 plays
- Ain't No More Cane - (3:58) - 697 plays
- Tears of Rage - (4:15) - 814 plays
- Odds and Ends - (1:47) - 640 plays
- This Wheel's on Fire - (3:52) - 628 plays
- Clothes Line Saga - (2:58) - 635 plays
- Too Much of Nothing - (3:04) - 544 plays
- Open the Door, Homer - (2:49) - 461 plays