Bob Dylan and The Band
90 Shouts - 2,820,258 Scrobbles
Bob Dylan & The Band is a long-lived collaboration with few official releases, their recordings together often released under Dylan's name alone. The members of The Band first worked together as The Hawks, the backing band of rockabilly singer Ronnie Hawkins from 1959 until 1963. Shortly afterwards, Bob Dylan came to Toronto and recruited the quintet for his history-making 1965/1966 world tour. The Band also worked with Dylan on the initial Blonde on Blonde sessions which, bar two tracks, were ultimately abandoned in favour of versions recorded with Nashville session musicians.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Odds and Ends - (1:47) - 4,530 plays
- Million Dollar Bash - (2:31) - 3,397 plays
- This Wheel's on Fire - (3:52) - 3,055 plays
- Yazoo Street Scandal - (3:29) - 2,609 plays
- Tears of Rage - (4:15) - 2,464 plays
- Yea! Heavy and a Bottle of Bread - (2:15) - 2,530 plays
- Bessie Smith - (4:18) - 2,638 plays
- Too Much of Nothing - (3:04) - 2,286 plays
- Goin' to Acapulco - (5:27) - 2,151 plays
- Ain't No More Cane - (3:58) - 2,001 plays