Robert Lee "Bob" Dunn (February 5, 1908 - May 27, 1971) was an American jazz trombonist and a pioneer Western swing steel guitarist.
He is noted as the first musician to record an electrically amplified instrument—with Milton Brown and His Musical Brownies—in January 1935.
Dunn also played steel guitar in numerous other Western swing groups including those of Cliff Bruner and one of Moon Mullican's earlier bands. Dunn also had his own group, The Vagabonds, featuring Mullican and Cliff Bruner.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Takin' Off - (2:32) - 19 plays
- Talking Off - (2:52) - 15 plays
- Taking Off - (2:52) - 3 plays
- Stompin' at the Honky Tonk - (2:38) - 2 plays
- Cheesy Breeze - (2:49) - 2 plays
- Mama's Gone, Goodbye - (2:46) - 2 plays
- When I Take My Sugar To Tea - (2:30) - 1 plays
- Easy Ridin' Papa - (2:43) - 1 plays
- Mary Jane - (2:31) - 2 plays
- Fan It - (2:54) - 1 plays