0 Shouts - 129,306 Scrobbles
Bob Carlisle (born 1956 in Los Angeles, California) is an American Christian singer.Read More...
He performed with several bands, most notably Allies, before launching his solo career.
He is best known for his hit song "Butterfly Kisses", a favorite for father-daughter dances at weddings, which appeared on his third solo album. That album, originally titled Shades of Grace, was later re-released as Butterfly Kisses (Shades of Grace) because of the success of the single. He co-wrote this song with former Allies partner Randy Thomas and for this they together won the 1997 Grammy Award for Best Country Song. Butterfly Kisses has also won a Dove Award for Song of the Year.
Bob Carlisle and Randy Thomas also wrote the 1989 Dolly Parton #1 hit song "Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That?
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThere's two things I know for sure
She was sent here from heaven
And she's daddy's little girl
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
- LyricsIt was almost Christmas time
There I stood in another line
Trying to buy that last gift or two
I'm really in the Christmas mood
Standing right in front of me
- LyricsMy soul's in motion, movin' on this righteous thing
You're doin' in me, here in me
My sole devotion 'bout to makin' me wanna sing
In harmony, harmony
Singing bout' the joy I've found walkin' on holy ground
- Butterfly Kisses (The Country Remix) - 2,576 plays
- LyricsI feel your touch, I can feel Your heart
As I'm lying here alone in the dark
I hear your voice gently say, "Come to me?
I long for Your love as the earth longs for the rainfall
I'm weary Lord, I've wondered this desert too long
- You Must have Been An Angel - 1,823 plays
- Mighty Love - 1,690 plays
- In The Hands Of Jesus - 1,782 plays
- It Is Well With My Soul - 1,339 plays
- On My Knees - 1,271 plays