281 Shouts - 2,987,058 Scrobbles
Bo Diddley (December 30, 1928 - June 2, 2008) "The Originator," was an influential American rock and roll singer, songwriter, and guitarist. He is often cited as a key figure in the transition of blues into rock and roll, by introducing more insistent, driving rhythms and a harder-edged guitar sound. He was born Otha Ellas Bates in McComb, Mississippi and later took the name Ellas McDaniel, after his adoptive mother, Gussie McDaniel. He adopted the stage name Bo Diddley, which is probably a southern black slang phrase meaning "nothing at all," as in "he ain't bo diddley.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bo Diddley - (2:31) - 15,694 plays
- I'm A Man - (2:49) - 9,908 plays
- Bring It to Jerome - (2:33) - 9,547 plays
- Pretty Thing - (2:51) - 11,671 plays
- Who Do You Love - (2:29) - 7,486 plays
- I'm A Man - Single Version - (3:00) - 4,783 plays
- Road Runner - (2:48) - 4,260 plays
- Bring It To Jerome - Alternate Take - (2:41) - 4,269 plays
- Road Runner - Single Version - (2:46) - 2,933 plays
- Hey! Bo Diddley - (2:13) - 2,504 plays