280 Shouts - 2,892,233 Scrobbles
Bo Diddley (December 30, 1928 - June 2, 2008) "The Originator," was an influential American rock and roll singer, songwriter, and guitarist. He is often cited as a key figure in the transition of blues into rock and roll, by introducing more insistent, driving rhythms and a harder-edged guitar sound. He was born Otha Ellas Bates in McComb, Mississippi and later took the name Ellas McDaniel, after his adoptive mother, Gussie McDaniel. He adopted the stage name Bo Diddley, which is probably a southern black slang phrase meaning "nothing at all," as in "he ain't bo diddley.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bo Diddley - (2:44) - 15,599 plays
- I'm a Man - (2:49) - 10,834 plays
- Pretty Thing - (2:51) - 11,541 plays
- Who Do You Love - (2:29) - 8,304 plays
- Bring It to Jerome - (2:33) - 7,400 plays
- I'm A Man - Single Version - (3:00) - 4,668 plays
- Road Runner - (2:48) - 4,346 plays
- Before You Accuse Me - (3:06) - 2,911 plays
- Hey! Bo Diddley - (2:13) - 2,901 plays
- Who Do You Love - Single Version - (2:28) - 2,475 plays