13 Shouts - 420,521 Scrobbles
Richard Allen (Blue) Mitchell (March 13, 1930 – May 21, 1979) was an American jazz, rhythm and blues, soul, rock, and funk trumpeter, known for many albums recorded as leader and sideman on Blue Note Records. Mitchell was born and raised in Miami, Florida. He began playing trumpet in high school where he acquired his nickname, Blue. After high school he played in the rhythm and blues ensembles of Paul Williams, Earl Bostic, and Chuck Willis. After returning to Miami he was noticed by Cannonball Adderley, with whom he recorded for Riverside Records in New York in 1958.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Good Humor Man - (5:40) - 770 plays
- When I Fall In Love - (5:41) - 861 plays
- Dorado - (8:56) - 845 plays
- I'll Close My Eyes - (5:54) - 816 plays
- Sir John - (6:04) - 499 plays
- I Wish I Knew - (4:27) - 449 plays
- Park Avenue Petite - (3:58) - 383 plays
- Fungii Mama - (7:48) - 323 plays
- Step Lightly - (10:24) - 495 plays
- Sweet Pumpkin - (4:18) - 349 plays