13 Shouts - 409,471 Scrobbles
Richard Allen (Blue) Mitchell (March 13, 1930 – May 21, 1979) was an American jazz, rhythm and blues, soul, rock, and funk trumpeter, known for many albums recorded as leader and sideman on Blue Note Records. Mitchell was born and raised in Miami, Florida. He began playing trumpet in high school where he acquired his nickname, Blue. After high school he played in the rhythm and blues ensembles of Paul Williams, Earl Bostic, and Chuck Willis. After returning to Miami he was noticed by Cannonball Adderley, with whom he recorded for Riverside Records in New York in 1958.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Good Humor Man - (5:40) - 968 plays
- When I Fall In Love - (5:41) - 796 plays
- Dorado - (8:56) - 908 plays
- I'll Close My Eyes - (5:54) - 857 plays
- Sir John - (6:04) - 436 plays
- Fungii Mama - (7:48) - 338 plays
- I Wish I Knew - (4:27) - 379 plays
- Park Avenue Petite - (3:58) - 384 plays
- Perception - (5:36) - 275 plays
- Hi-Heel Sneakers (Remastered) - (8:26) - 256 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online