13 Shouts - 369,232 Scrobbles
Richard Allen (Blue) Mitchell (March 13, 1930 – May 21, 1979) was an American jazz, rhythm and blues, soul, rock, and funk trumpeter, known for many albums recorded as leader and sideman on Blue Note Records. Mitchell was born and raised in Miami, Florida. He began playing trumpet in high school where he acquired his nickname, Blue. After high school he played in the rhythm and blues ensembles of Paul Williams, Earl Bostic, and Chuck Willis. After returning to Miami he was noticed by Cannonball Adderley, with whom he recorded for Riverside Records in New York in 1958.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Good Humor Man - (5:38) - 1,264 plays
- Dorado - (8:56) - 948 plays
- When I Fall In Love - (5:41) - 893 plays
- I'll Close My Eyes - (5:54) - 938 plays
- Sir John - (6:04) - 653 plays
- Park Avenue Petite - (3:58) - 596 plays
- Sweet Pumpkin - (4:18) - 535 plays
- I Wish I Knew - (4:27) - 584 plays
- Step Lightly - (10:24) - 445 plays
- Scrapple From The Apple - (3:58) - 457 plays