Blue Öyster Cult
1,209 Shouts - 13,566,124 Scrobbles
Blue Öyster Cult is a renowned hard rock band that formed in 1967 in Long Island, New York, United States. The band is led by founding members Eric Bloom (vocals, guitar) and Buck Dharma (guitar, vocals). They are best known for their hit singles "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Burnin' for You", from 1976 and 1981 respectively. The members of the band began to come together in the late 60s as a band called Soft White Underbelly in the vicinity of Stony Brook University on Long Island, New York, formed at the prompting of critic Sandy Pearlman.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- (Don't Fear) The Reaper - (5:09) - 38,327 plays
- Burnin' for You - (3:43) - 15,663 plays
- Godzilla - (4:41) - 11,065 plays
- Astronomy - (6:14) - 9,012 plays
- This Ain't the Summer of Love - (2:20) - 4,779 plays
- Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll - (4:03) - 5,168 plays
- Flaming Telepaths - (5:18) - 4,724 plays
- Veteran of the Psychic Wars - (4:48) - 5,147 plays
- Joan Crawford - (4:54) - 4,909 plays
- Don't Fear The Reaper - (5:08) - 5,104 plays