Blue Öyster Cult
1,204 Shouts - 13,408,309 Scrobbles
Blue Öyster Cult is a renowned hard rock band that formed in 1967 in Long Island, New York, United States. The band is led by founding members Eric Bloom (vocals, guitar) and Buck Dharma (guitar, vocals). They are best known for their hit singles "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Burnin' for You", from 1976 and 1981 respectively. The members of the band began to come together in the late 60s as a band called Soft White Underbelly in the vicinity of Stony Brook University on Long Island, New York, formed at the prompting of critic Sandy Pearlman.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- (Don't Fear) The Reaper - (5:09) - 43,189 plays
- Burnin' for You - (3:43) - 17,146 plays
- Godzilla - (4:41) - 12,286 plays
- Astronomy - (6:14) - 10,201 plays
- This Ain't the Summer of Love - (2:20) - 5,343 plays
- Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll - (4:03) - 5,717 plays
- Don't Fear The Reaper - (5:08) - 6,478 plays
- Flaming Telepaths - (5:18) - 5,306 plays
- Veteran of the Psychic Wars - (4:48) - 5,699 plays
- Joan Crawford - (4:54) - 5,008 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online