Blue Öyster Cult
1,168 Shouts - 12,170,572 Scrobbles
Blue Öyster Cult is a renowned hard rock/heavy metal band that formed in 1967 in Long Island, New York, United States. The band is led by founding members Eric Bloom (vocals, guitar) and Buck Dharma (guitar, vocals). They are best known for their hit singles "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Burnin' for You". The members of the band began to come together in the late 1960s, as a band called Soft White Underbelly, in the vicinity of Stony Brook University on Long Island, New York, at the prompting of critic Sandy Pearlman.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- (Don't Fear) The Reaper - (5:09) - 55,491 plays
- Burnin' for You - (3:43) - 22,944 plays
- Godzilla - (4:41) - 17,762 plays
- Astronomy - (6:14) - 12,811 plays
- Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll - (4:03) - 7,739 plays
- Don't Fear The Reaper - (5:08) - 9,162 plays
- This Ain't the Summer of Love - (2:20) - 6,457 plays
- Flaming Telepaths - (5:18) - 6,340 plays
- Fire of Unknown Origin - (4:08) - 6,815 plays
- Joan Crawford - (4:54) - 6,532 plays