Blue Öyster Cult
1,202 Shouts - 13,239,046 Scrobbles
Blue Öyster Cult is a renowned hard rock band that formed in 1967 in Long Island, New York, United States. The band is led by founding members Eric Bloom (vocals, guitar) and Buck Dharma (guitar, vocals). They are best known for their hit singles "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Burnin' for You", from 1976 and 1981 respectively. The members of the band began to come together in the late 60s as a band called Soft White Underbelly in the vicinity of Stony Brook University on Long Island, New York, formed at the prompting of critic Sandy Pearlman.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- (Don't Fear) The Reaper - (5:09) - 44,925 plays
- Burnin' for You - (3:43) - 17,287 plays
- Godzilla - (4:41) - 12,542 plays
- Astronomy - (6:14) - 10,152 plays
- This Ain't the Summer of Love - (2:20) - 5,337 plays
- Don't Fear The Reaper - (5:08) - 6,815 plays
- Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll - (4:03) - 5,790 plays
- Flaming Telepaths - (5:18) - 5,252 plays
- Veteran of the Psychic Wars - (4:48) - 5,831 plays
- Joan Crawford - (4:54) - 4,953 plays