Blue Öyster Cult
1,193 Shouts - 12,847,921 Scrobbles
Blue Öyster Cult is a renowned hard rock band that formed in 1967 in Long Island, New York, United States. The band is led by founding members Eric Bloom (vocals, guitar) and Buck Dharma (guitar, vocals). They are best known for their hit singles "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Burnin' for You", from 1976 and 1981 respectively. The members of the band began to come together in the late 60s as a band called Soft White Underbelly in the vicinity of Stony Brook University on Long Island, New York, formed at the prompting of critic Sandy Pearlman.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- (Don't Fear) The Reaper - (5:09) - 48,050 plays
- Burnin' for You - (3:43) - 18,917 plays
- Godzilla - (4:41) - 14,460 plays
- Astronomy - (6:14) - 11,230 plays
- This Ain't the Summer of Love - (2:20) - 5,771 plays
- Don't Fear The Reaper - (5:08) - 8,437 plays
- Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll - (4:03) - 5,973 plays
- Flaming Telepaths - (5:18) - 5,455 plays
- Joan Crawford - (4:54) - 5,496 plays
- Veteran of the Psychic Wars - (4:48) - 6,773 plays