Blind Willie McTell
104 Shouts - 1,276,313 Scrobbles
Blind Willie McTell (born William Samuel McTier; May 5, 1898 – August 19, 1959) was a Piedmont and ragtime blues singer and guitarist. He played with a fluid, syncopated fingerstyle guitar technique, common among many exponents of Piedmont blues, although, unlike his contemporaries, he came to use twelve-string guitars exclusively. McTell was also an adept slide guitarist, unusual among ragtime bluesmen.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Got The Cross The River Jordan - (3:59) - 3,155 plays
- Southern Can Is Mine - (3:17) - 2,985 plays
- Statesboro Blues - (2:31) - 2,824 plays
- Delia - (2:34) - 1,723 plays
- Searching the Desert for the Blues - (3:05) - 1,387 plays
- Dark Night Blues - (2:51) - 1,004 plays
- You Was Born to Die - (2:51) - 1,148 plays
- Three Women Blues - (2:49) - 950 plays
- Kill-It-Kid Rag - (2:41) - 759 plays
- Broke Down Engine Blues - (2:45) - 956 plays