Blind Lemon Jefferson
73 Shouts - 799,340 Scrobbles
Blind Lemon Jefferson (Lemon Henry Jefferson, Coutchman, Texas, October 26, 1894? – December 1929) was an influential blues singer and guitarist from Texas. He was one of the most popular blues singers of the 1920s.
His musical style was individualistic, and Jefferson's singing and self-accompaniment were distinctive as a result of his high-pitched voice and originality on the guitar. He has been titled "Father of the Texas Blues."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Match Box Blues - (2:53) - 3,480 plays
- Black Snake Moan - (3:03) - 1,811 plays
- See That My Grave Is Kept Clean - (2:54) - 1,789 plays
- Rabbit Foot Blues - (2:51) - 1,026 plays
- Prison Cell Blues - (2:45) - 977 plays
- Black Snake Moan (80523) - (3:02) - 757 plays
- Matchbox blues - (2:55) - 881 plays
- One Dime Blues - (2:48) - 843 plays
- Easy Rider Blues - (2:53) - 607 plays
- Bad Luck Blues - (2:50) - 702 plays