Blind Lemon Jefferson
73 Shouts - 795,485 Scrobbles
Blind Lemon Jefferson (Lemon Henry Jefferson, Coutchman, Texas, October 26, 1894? – December 1929) was an influential blues singer and guitarist from Texas. He was one of the most popular blues singers of the 1920s.
His musical style was individualistic, and Jefferson's singing and self-accompaniment were distinctive as a result of his high-pitched voice and originality on the guitar. He has been titled "Father of the Texas Blues."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Match Box Blues - (2:53) - 3,320 plays
- See That My Grave Is Kept Clean - (2:54) - 1,715 plays
- Black Snake Moan - (3:03) - 1,476 plays
- Black Snake Moan (80523) - (3:02) - 818 plays
- Prison Cell Blues - (2:45) - 1,002 plays
- Rabbit Foot Blues - (2:51) - 1,022 plays
- Matchbox blues - (2:55) - 807 plays
- One Dime Blues - (2:48) - 806 plays
- Bad Luck Blues - (2:50) - 670 plays
- Easy Rider Blues - (2:53) - 560 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online