Blind Lemon Jefferson
68 Shouts - 722,950 Scrobbles
Blind Lemon Jefferson (Lemon Henry Jefferson, Coutchman, Texas, October 26, 1894? – December 1929) was an influential blues singer and guitarist from Texas. He was one of the most popular blues singers of the 1920s.
His musical style was individualistic, and Jefferson's singing and self-accompaniment were distinctive as a result of his high-pitched voice and originality on the guitar. He has been titled "Father of the Texas Blues."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Black Snake Moan - (3:03) - 2,027 plays
- See That My Grave Is Kept Clean - (2:52) - 1,841 plays
- Match Box Blues - (2:53) - 2,077 plays
- Rabbit Foot Blues - (2:51) - 1,578 plays
- Black Snake Moan (80523) - (3:02) - 1,030 plays
- Prison Cell Blues - (2:44) - 1,212 plays
- Matchbox blues - (2:58) - 896 plays
- One Dime Blues - (2:48) - 961 plays
- Easy Rider Blues - (2:57) - 817 plays
- Bad Luck Blues - (2:53) - 700 plays