Blind Lemon Jefferson
73 Shouts - 778,264 Scrobbles
Blind Lemon Jefferson (Lemon Henry Jefferson, Coutchman, Texas, October 26, 1894? – December 1929) was an influential blues singer and guitarist from Texas. He was one of the most popular blues singers of the 1920s.
His musical style was individualistic, and Jefferson's singing and self-accompaniment were distinctive as a result of his high-pitched voice and originality on the guitar. He has been titled "Father of the Texas Blues."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Match Box Blues - (2:53) - 3,126 plays
- See That My Grave Is Kept Clean - (2:54) - 1,692 plays
- Rabbit Foot Blues - (2:51) - 991 plays
- Black Snake Moan (80523) - (3:02) - 813 plays
- Prison Cell Blues - (2:45) - 931 plays
- Black Snake Moan - (3:03) - 1,175 plays
- Matchbox blues - (2:55) - 722 plays
- One Dime Blues - (2:48) - 691 plays
- Easy Rider Blues - (2:53) - 533 plays
- Bad Luck Blues - (2:50) - 575 plays