51 Shouts - 252,571 Scrobbles
What started as a project called ‘Bertrand Russell and the Country Club’ soon evolved into Blackout Beach. Whatever the pseudonym, Carey Mercer’s solo creations dwell in a land all their own. Mercer began his solo project soon after the demise of his brilliant first band, Blue Pine, in 2001. Mercer would also form Frog Eyes around this time, recruiting roommate and keyboard whiz Spencer Krug, Blue Pine bandmate Mike Rak and his wife Melanie Campbell to help realize his swirling, frenzied compositions.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Deserter's Song - (1:07) - 585 plays
- Hornet's Fury into the Bandit's Mouth - (3:50) - 453 plays
- Beautiful Burning Desire - (6:52) - 410 plays
- Cloud of Evil - (3:52) - 341 plays
- Be Forewarned, The Night has Come - (4:31) - 306 plays
- Torchlights Banned - (3:13) - 325 plays
- Sending Postcards To a Ghost - (2:26) - 238 plays
- Broken Braying Sound of the Donkey's Cry - (2:33) - 177 plays
- Drowning Pigs - (12:47) - 158 plays
- Biloxi, In A Grove, Cleans Out His Eyes - (4:59) - 165 plays